Teck Leong Metals Pte Ltd (TLM) is the leading stockist and fabricator of Marine, Industrial, Building, Hardware and Engineering Materials, for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. We carry a wide ex-stock range of materials such as Copper & Copper Alloys, Brass, Bronze, Lead, Stainless Steel, Zinc, and Special Alloys at strategically located warehousing facilities in Singapore.
TLM has paved the way to introduce top quality products to local markets by setting up business ties with internationally reputable mills and manufacturers worldwide. We are the exclusive distributor for international products such as EPC (USA) fittings and WILKO (Korea) Copper pipes.
Regular site visits and dialogue sessions are conducted between TLM and our mill representatives to share expert insights on the latest product developments in the market. These sessions enable us to apply our expertise and knowledge to satisfy the most demanding challenges of present day quality-conscious markets.
We will continue to upgrade and build on our in-depth expertise to invest and introduce new product grades and ranges to better suit the diverse needs of our customers. We are fully equipped to provide the best service, timely deliveries and product quality at competitive prices for all, and we aim to forge strong and long-term business ties with our valued customers.
That is our commitment to you.
We thank you for your support and look forward to building a relationship with you.
- In the 1930s, Mr Li Jian Lu, set up Teck Leong with his business partners to trade, buy and sell ferrous and non-ferrous metals in Singapore. In the picture above dated 1939, Mr Li is seen with a bunch of keys hanging from his belt. In the past, keys are seen as a status symbols to denote one’s economic and social status as only the office bearer or ‘Towkay’ would own and hold a set of keys to the office premises. It was also trendy to visit a studio for a ‘selfie’.
- Mr. Li Jian Lu's eldest son Mr. Lee Boon Ser joined the company to learn the ropes.
- Singapore gained its independence and became a republic on 9 August 1965.
- Teck Leong Hardware Pte Ltd was incorporated in 1975 to serve a wider spectrum of industries. The range of products and services were further expanded to support an even broader spectrum of market sectors.
- Lee Boon Ser became the Managing Director of Teck Leong Hardware Pte Ltd.
- Teck Leong Metals was incorporated.
- Invested in GPS tracking technology for fleet management to ensure timely deliveries. Interestingly, we were one of the few pioneering companies in this trade to embrace GPS technologies to boost productivity. We were also amongst the first to launch a full company website in the 90’s. Incredible in today’s standard but true.
- Received ISO 9001:2000 accreditation by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited. Quality system was updated to ISO 9001:2008 standards in 2009.
- Received TrustSg accreditation.
- Addition of warehousing facilities at Northstar@AMK and Seatown Industrial Centre (Tuas).
- Relocation of Head office to 7030 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 #01-16 Northstar@AMK Singapore 569880.
- Received ISO 9001:2015 accreditation by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited and Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC).
- TLM has pioneered the trading of metals in Singapore. 80 years and 3 generations after, our family business is continually expanding to meet the demands and requirements of our valued customers. We have significantly increased revenue and our storage capacity for our ever-expanding product range over the last decade.
Not only do we implement quality control procedures to ensure stringent product requirements are met, we possess in-house product testing capabilities to confirm the quality of our products too.
We have continual developmental programs in place to ensure that our staff are constantly updated with the latest knowledge and technical know-how.
To ensure timely deliveries, TLM has spearheaded the use of GPS technology since 2000 to ensure that our customers receive the right products on time, every time.
Teck Leong Metals Pte Ltd aims to be the partner of choice in the sales and stockholding of ferrous and non-ferrous products to our customers.
We Strive To
Fulfill Customer’s Requirements With Our Quality Products & Services.
Comply With & Continually Improve Our Quality Management System so as to Optimise Our Resources And Enhance Competitiveness In The Market.
To meet our quality policy, we shall establish and track pertinent quality objectives at relevant functions and levels to optimize the use of our resources and ensure customers' requirements are met.
The Quality Policy and Quality Objectives shall be subjected to periodic management reviews to ensure continuing suitability and improvement. They shall be communicated to and understood by all levels in the company as well as made available to relevant interested parties, as appropriate.
We strongly believe in building long-term and lasting relations with our valued customers. Hence, our customer support service extends beyond the supplying of our metal products. We fully understand our customers’ needs and are always ready and equipped with the necessary technical and managerial expertise to serve you better.
Today, we strive to provide a more diverse range of products and services to our customers in order to ensure our leading role in the competitive metal industry. Our modernized managerial styles, along with our helpful and supportive staff, are focused on one goal: Total Customer Satisfaction. We are ready to provide you with our best services, now and for years to come.